Friday, August 16, 2013

Review: The Red Pyramid [Kane Chronicles I] by Rick Riordan

Title: The Red Pyramid [Kane Chronicles I]
Author: Rick Riordan
Summary:(Summary from Goodreads)
Since their mother's death, Carter and Sadie have become near strangers. While Sadie has lived with her grandparents in London, her brother has traveled the world with their father, the brilliant Egyptologist, Dr. Julius Kane.
One night, Dr. Kane brings the siblings together for a "research experiment" at the British Museum, where he hopes to set things right for his family. Instead, he unleashes the Egyptian god Set, who banishes him to oblivion and forces the children to flee for their lives.
Soon, Sadie and Carter discover that the gods of Egypt are waking, and the worst of them —Set— has his sights on the Kanes. To stop him, the siblings embark on a dangerous journey across the globe - a quest that brings them ever closer to the truth about their family and their links to a secret order that has existed since the time of the pharaohs.

MY OPINION

These book was recommended by my friend in wattpad. She told me that I must read it too but I'm not in the mood. I read a first few pages, forcing to woke my reading stamina. Eventually, I bawled out. I hate myself because I rebuke this story.  Kane Chronicles is extremely mystifying and enjoyable. I'm became euphoric. My empty brain is filled with information about Egyptian mythology. I'm starting to love Bast, the cat goddess. Besides, I found myself trapped with the youthful and handsome god of death. Ta-dah, I can't get over with him. I'm referring to Anubis but he’s only having little appearance on the first book. The first installment, The Red Pyramid is funny. It's narrated by Sadie and Carter. The content is well polished and fast-paced. It's a lot of surprises. It captures my excitement and I'm absolutely satisfied. Geez, I'm too much praises. 
The best part of the story is battling with Seth. Sadie and Carter are different. They are powerful and mature enough although they’re just been discovering their power as a magician. There are a lot of actions and very hilarious encounters. And I can't wait to meet the other gods. Rick Riordan deserves to be a master of myth and mystery. He always made me go with the flow of his stories. That's why, I definitely loved him.
I recommend this book to everyone, young and adult (Young-adult, ha-ha!). This book is very informative. You could gain a lot of lesson from Egyptian mythology. It’s entertaining and enjoyable. Go, buy this book now. Read it and be ecstatic as me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any violent reaction?