Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Review: Bitterblue by Kristin Cashore

Title: Bitterblue [Graceling Realm: Book 3]
Author: Kristin Cashore
Summary: Eight years after Graceling, Bitterblue is now queen of Monsea. But the influence of her father, a violent psychopath with mind-altering abilities, lives on. Her advisors, who have run things since Leck died, believe in a forward-thinking plan: Pardon all who committed terrible acts under Leck’s reign, and forget anything bad ever happened. But when Bitterblue begins sneaking outside the castle—disguised and alone—to walk the streets of her own city, she starts realizing that the kingdom has been under the thirty-five-year spell of a madman, and the only way to move forward is to revisit the past.
Two thieves, who only steal what has already been stolen, change her life forever. They hold a key to the truth of Leck’s reign. And one of them, with an extreme skill called a Grace that he hasn’t yet identified, holds a key to her heart.

MY OPINION

 A ten years old queen is now eighteen years old. Bitterblue is the third book of Graceling and the real sequel. This is a story of Bitterblue, a daughter of King Leck of Monsea, whom to have a graceling of manipulating someone's brain. I love Bitterblue, especially her struggles on uncovering the lies of her father. It's a very long story which gives me a week to finish it. Not a problem. It makes me smile because some of the characters from the first book are returning, especially Katsa and Prince Po. I love these couple. An applause for Kristin Cashore, she's totally genius by justifying her characters. Lastly, I love the alphabets. She used it to make codes for the secret messages. It's called cipher (I’m not familiar with that). Moreover, I'm sad for Bitterblue to her little romantic involvement with her leading man. About the writing of the stories, it's clear and intriguing. But I’m still confused about the crown. Did Queen Bitterblue get it back? I really don’t know. I wished Kristin Cashore write wonderful books again. I recommend this to the people who like mystery, especially the teens and teen at heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any violent reaction?