Thursday, August 1, 2013

Review: The Selection [BOOK 1] by Keira Cass

­Tile: The Selection
Author: Keira Cass
Summary: For thirty-five girls, the Selection is the chance of a lifetime. The opportunity to escape the life laid out for them since birth. To be swept up in a world of glittering gowns and priceless jewels. To live in a palace and compete for the heart of gorgeous Prince Maxon.

But for America Singer, being Selected is a nightmare. It means turning her back on her secret love with Aspen, who is a caste below her. Leaving her home to enter a fierce competition for a crown she doesn't want. Living in a palace that is constantly threatened by violent rebel attacks.

Then America meets Prince Maxon. Gradually, she starts to question all the plans she's made for herself--and realizes that the life she's always dreamed of may not compare to a future she never imagined






MY OPINION

Actually, I’m not in the mood to read this. I tried reading the first pages but I stopped it. After a month, I read it again because I learn that my friends on Facebook had been reading it. Well, I rummage my pdf file and convert it so I can read it on my phone. Suddenly, I became ecstatic. I’m suffering madness because of this book. I’ve been fallen in love with the characters. As I read it, the story is going too fast. It’s a dystopian futuristic book set in United States of America. Government is monarchy and the people are leveled from rich to poor. They called it, “caste” and leveling it from one to eight.

For me, it’s like a fairy tale story because it’s marrying a prince. I really like that. I love this book. I love everything in this book. The storyline is so intriguing. There’s a lot of excitement. There’s a lot of saccharine moment that I don’t want to miss. I want to read it, again and again. Prince Maxon is a charmer! He’s my kryptonite. I wish my future husband is like him. He could be a gentleman, handsome and sweet. Geez, I’m getting mad again.  Read this to know what I mean. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any violent reaction?