Saturday, August 17, 2013

Review: The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians #1) by Rick Riordan

The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1)
Title: The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians #1)
Author: Rick Riordan
Summary: Percy Jackson is about to be kicked out of boarding school... again. And that's the least of his troubles. Lately, mythological monsters and the gods of Mount Olympus seem to be walking straight out of the pages of Percy's Greek mythology textbook and into his life. And worse, he's angered a few of them. Zeus' master lightning bolt has been stolen, and Percy is the prime suspect.Now Percy and his friends have just ten days to find and return Zeus' stolen property and bring peace to a warring Mount Olympus. But to succeed on his quest, Percy will have to do more than catch the true thief: he must come to terms with the father who abandoned him; solve the riddle of the Oracle, which warns him of betrayal by a friend; and unravel a treachery more powerful than the gods themselves.



My Opinion: A troublemaker that seek an attention to everybody and an innocent that have a life filled with secrets. That's Percy Jackson on the first few parts of the book. This boy is amazing,fantastic and incredible. Although,I pronounce the name of Percy as Precy for the first time I open the book and I thought Percy is a girl. I'm stupid. No offense to Percy. Oh gods. Let me continue, first installment of Rick Riordan book series is beautifully crafted. I bow to the master of Myths and Mystery.
Because of this book, I learn Greek myth's people and easily memorize them all. I wonder why? Yes,I admit I felt boring and lame listening to this kind of topic on my high school years but when I read this book as if my mind,body and soul is automatically awakes my interest and became exasperated to read this. It amuses me. It fascinates me. I like the way Rick Riordan tell the information about the mythology. The words are clear and easy to understand. It takes me to North America even if I'm in the Philippines because the story is in love to do adventure and travel on all around the country. I meet medusa. I  experience running away to escape the monsters. I went to the underworld, creepy but cool! I meet the 12 deities. I experience playing the flag catching game with Greek armor. I'm having hang-out with a satyr and other demi-gods. I've been resented being a sibling of one of the big three.  Then, it also had a thrill and mystery. The prophecy. The reason why I keep on turning pages to seek the answer. Eventually, I did it. I complete the mystery. I like Percy for being brave, humorous, innocent, and determined.