Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Review: The Worst Witch by Jill Murphy



Title: The Worst Witch
Author: Jill Murphy
Summary: Mildred Hubble's first term at Miss Cackle's Academy for Witches starts badly when, unlike her classmates, she can't control her broom, her kitten, or her spells.


MY OPINION

When I saw this book on the book sale for only 25 pesos. I bought it immediately, not because of the bargain price but for the title, cover and summary. It seems second hand but still in very good condition. I really like the story because of the words which isn't too deep. This story is a series which makes me a bit sad. I want to read the other installment of this story. I don’t know if there's an eBook of this. I bought this because it is about a young witch and I love witches. She's now my third favorite witch after Hermione Granger and Sabrina, the Teenage Witch.
Mildred struggles to conquer all the problems that keep coming on her life as a first year on Ms. Cackle academy for witches. She known as the worst witch for being a troublemaker and couldn't even ride a broomstick without crushing it. Despite of all circumstance she didn't mean to, she's tough and persistent to surpass the bad situations. She's like me who always had a mistake and sometimes I blame myself for being poor and weak. Anyway, upon reading this book.  I realize when achieving a great success you must encounter failure first like Isaac Newton and Walt Disney that once underestimate by stupid people but today they're respected and I salute them. Yeah, this book enhances me to become confident and don't ever be afraid to commit a mistake. Furthermore, I like Mildred for being funny,friendly and heroine by saving their academy. Jill Murphy's the worst witch is an enjoyable children's book that gives me beautiful lessons. It a wonderful hilarious story for everyone who love witches and hates school. I recommend this book for children and to those who have developed reading stamina.